Soft chocolate chip cookies always hit the spot when I’m craving something sweet but adding some heath bar bits makes them a little more exciting. I made these cookies on a Tuesday night, went to the post office on Wednesday and sent them overnight to Florida from New York where they arrived on Thursday, still soft. The key is to take them out of the oven before they are done and still a little soft in the middle as they will harden up a little when you take them out of the oven.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp salt, omit this if using salted butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup heath bar bits
1. Whisk together flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, combine butter with both sugars and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low, add salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat until well-mixed, about 1 minute.
3. Add flour mixture, mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and heath bar bits.
4. Place tablespoon size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, about 8-10 minutes until golden on outside but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.